Kloss Encounter with the Kiwis

One persons view of working as a locum GP in the middle of the ocean.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Clash of the Titans

I intended to write a little except last night about my latest weekend adventure to Napier, the Art Deco capital of New Zealand. That will have to wait for another day. Unfortunately, New Zealand was hit by our first big storm of the fall/winter last night. It brought torrential rains and winds gusting up to 100km an hour. It definitely made my usual walk home from work a little precarious. Just as I was formulating my thoughts to put down on computer, an astonishingly loud crash of thunder shook my flat. Thinking the gods has descended upon me to collect on my prior indiscretions; instead the lights went out across the town. Thank goodness I had brought a flashlight from America, because Hawera is a very spooky place when the lights go out. I guess this means summer is officially over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home