Kloss Encounter with the Kiwis

One persons view of working as a locum GP in the middle of the ocean.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Open up the Earth

As part of Jason’s birthday present we took off this past weekend to a little cabin in the middle of nowhere. I really owed him this weekend after I fell dead asleep on the couch on his birthday night, requiring him to light his own birthday candles on the cake and sing himself “Happy Birthday”. It was quite a pathetic display of celebration on my part. To repay my penance, I took him to Warm Earth Cottages for the weekend. It is touted as a romantic retreat where couples can go to relax and reconnect with only candlelight to guide their way (as there is no power) and a fire-heated outside bath to soak in. It was a place Jason had wanted to visit for a long time, but without power and only a shared outhouse for facilities, I had been reluctant to attend. Somehow such rustic accommodation did not appeal to me. However, I was pleasantly surprised and wished we had gone much sooner. Starting with a host’s welcome of home-brewed liquors, we knew we were in for a special time. It only escalated when we got the choice of two cottages, each adorned with high quality bedding, a pot-belly stove, and antique furnishings. Just a few feet from our door was a full barbeque and a high-backed soaking tub, lit each night by the owners. And the infamous “outhouse” turned out to have a beautifully handmade vanity and pull chain flushing toilet. Even the adjacent shower with saloon style doors was quite refreshing. Each morning the hosts treated us with a full brunch of fruits, breads, cheeses and meats, adding farm fresh eggs for Sunday, and the obligatory morning cocktail, of course. There was nothing rustic about this place. Aside from a short trip into the local town on Saturday for a look around some antique shops and to gather provisions for a barbeque dinner, we spent all weekend relaxing with good books, good wine, and fabulous food, soaking up the sun as much as we could between bursts of cold wind and warming up by the fire. I think my penance has been paid.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer!
It's Christy Montgomery. Emily gave me your blog address.
You should join facebook.....
I thought you might want to catch up a bit, FB or not.
cmmont@earthlink.net

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your klosskiwi.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your klosskiwi.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and
personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.

my web blog: frankrijk

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home