Kloss Encounter with the Kiwis

One persons view of working as a locum GP in the middle of the ocean.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On Our Way

Today I received one of the happiest emails of my time in New Zealand. After nearly six months of patiently waiting (interrupted by a brief scramble to provide further primary evidence of our meeting), a friendly, although generically generated, email from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services arrived in my inbox informing me that our petition for Fiancé Visa has been approved. I realize this is only the first hurdle in a racetrack full to come, but it is a start toward our union in the US. This was clearly evidenced by my reaction of complete elation (emailing, phoning, and telling everyone I come find) and Jason’s reaction of trepidation for what was to come (more physicals, blood tests, and questioning).

Ironically I also received a phone call from NZ Immigration informing me that my final six month work visa has been approved. The celestial powers of immigration must have been in alignment today. Let’s hope the moon will continue to reside in the Seventh House. (Sorry for the astrological references, we just went to see the reproduction of Hair.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home