Kloss Encounter with the Kiwis

One persons view of working as a locum GP in the middle of the ocean.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Power of Natural Energy

For two years I have quaffed at the kiwi tradition of hanging clothes out on the line to dry. As a good American, I’ve learned to rely on the energy wasting dryer. It works well, makes my clothes fluffy, and can even replicate the natural fresh air scent through addition of an unnaturally scented dryer sheet. What more could I want? Well, natural energy, and perhaps to help with the global warming crisis. So last night I decided to try this new fangled form of drying and actually hung my clothes on the line out back. To my amazement, I returned 40 minutes later to find all my clothes completely dry, naturally scented and soft from the calm breeze of the day. All at the cost of…nothing! Perhaps these kiwis are on to something. I am now a complete convert to this natural form of drying. At least until winter comes around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home