Kloss Encounter with the Kiwis

One persons view of working as a locum GP in the middle of the ocean.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Firsts

I’ve experienced many firsts during my time in New Zealand, but today I experienced one I would soon like to forget: my first gray hair. Jason, a fine purveyor of gray hairs himself, gleefully noticed it amongst my curls of brown and blond. At first I denied it vehemently, but when compared to another it was clearly the dreaded color gray. I’d like to blame Jason for aging me beyond my years, but at this junction I will instead blame immigration, who has recently caused me much stress in conjunction with my latest work visa. Let’s just hope they figure out my extension in time for my Christmas visit to the states, because I’m not quite ready to go salt and pepper yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home